Analysing maps and photographs
Examine the following aerial photographs of Churchill:
Aerial photograph 1
Aerial photograph 2
Aerial photograph 3
For each photograph determine:
- whether it is vertical aerial photograph or oblique aerial photograph.
- what direction the photograph was taken (you will need to look at both the aerial photograph and a map of the town).
Examine a tourist map of Churchill by clicking Churchill Tourist Map.
Describe the distribution of tourist activities and accommodation in the town of Churchill.
Examine a map of Canada in your atlas. Determine the direction and distance from:
- Vancouver to Winnipeg
- Winnipeg to Churchill
- Cape Churchill to Fort Severn
- Churchill to Rankin Inlet
- Gillam to Churchill
- Lynn Lake to Churchill
- Chesterfield Inlet to Churchill
Determine the latitude and longitude of each site.